Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Luau (3)

I was having a great time at the Luau. Playin' it cool. Talking to Sean but also talking to other people. He was talking to me at one point and winked at me. It was at this point that I knew I liked him. He invited me to go hot tubbing with a bunch of people after the Luau. I followed him to his house to get his suit (I don't know why but I had mine in my car?). We then went to another house to meet up with everyone else. When we were leaving I thought I would ride with Sean. I was pretty shocked when I saw two other girls in his truck. I decided this was no big deal and just drove myself. While hot tubbing and swimming at the Camelback Inn, Sean paid 0 attention to me. Not even any winks in my direction. He did however, pay A LOT of attention to the afore mentioned on again off again girlfriend. Apparently, they were back on? I was furious. After an hour or two of this, I had had enough. I got out of the pool and got ready to leave. I "made" a phone call. At this point, Sean comes up and asks where I am going. I tell him that my friend called and asked me to meet up with him. Sean asks who. I say, "why does it matter." He asks who again so I tell him I am meeting up with Nick, a guy I dated last summer but we are friends now. Sean asks me to go watch a movie with everyone. What?! Umm, no. We all end up leaving at the same time. Sean is in the lane right next to me as we are heading back home. I can see that he is looking over at me. Instead of looking back, I play it cool and take a phone call for the rest of the drive while he is looking at me. I guess I will call basketball guy the next night when he gets back in town.

***note...it was not until much later in our courtship that I let Sean in on the secret that I did not have plans with Nick later that night after the hot tub; nor was I talking to anyone on the phone while driving home. Play on playa.

5 comments:

Emily said...

hi-larious!

Mechelle said...

This is getting good! Way to go Jessica!

Em said...

"Play on Playa" Ah hahaha. I'm loving your story.

Spencer and Marlee said...

I Love the story!! I would also like to hear Sean's version. haha

christina said...

Sean's version would be awesome!