Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Today, Carter was at my sister's house while I was at work and Sean was at school. He really loves going over there...but he may have just ruined it. He took a permanant black marker and drew all over my sister's tan couch! We're sooooo sorry...but it's hard to stay mad for too long at a kid with such a cute face, right?
Thursday, November 22, 2007
We started the day out with a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot in Peoria. I did the 5k with a friend in our ward and our husbands did the 1 mile with all the kids. It was a lot of fun. Sean said Carter was cheering for all the people running by saying "Let's Go!" It was a beautiful morning and a great way to start the day before we pig out on all the food!
Posted by Jessica at 10:56 AM
Monday, November 19, 2007
I went to Sierra Vista this last weekend to run a 15k race with my sister-n-law Marlee. (9.3 miles) This was the first time I have ever run 9 consecutive miles! I was pretty proud of myself! This was a great start to my training for the Sedona half-marathon in February! We had a great time visiting down there. My mom, my nephew Cameron, Carter, and I went. We can't wait to go again after Spencer and Marlee have moved into their new house!
Posted by Jessica at 5:25 AM
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Thursday, November 8, 2007
It's hard to believe it has already been 5 years. As I look back over the past 5 years, there are so many memories. Here's my Fave 5:
1. The kitchen and Shower incident (this is a tie---they happened within 1 day of each other)--Sean standing half-naked in Amy's kitchen as a joke and Amy walking around the corner and seeing him! He still hasn't lived that one down. Sean slipped in the shower and had nothing to grab onto--he fell through the shower curtain onto the floor. I was dying laughing!!!
2. Waiting to find out if I was pregnant and not being able to decide if there were 2 lines or only 1 on the pregnancy test. After deciding there were definitely 2 lines, Sean turned to me and said, "Well congratulations I knocked you up, I guess I should hug you." (we planned the pregnancy but were both in a state of shock at how fast it happened!)
3. Chasing a fugitive--Sean ran out of the house one morning in his pajamas and no shoes chasing after someone he happened to see out the front window running from a cop car. Sean thought he could catch him. This went on for awhile, with Sean looking over our back wall trying to see the guy--he saw him once and took off running after him again-this time with his shoes on. Unfortunately, he didn't catch him. But Sean found the police officer and gave him all his ideas on what he would do to catch the kid.
4. Carter being born--we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl. When Carter was about ready to come out the doctor asked Sean if he would like to announce the sex of the baby. When Carter came out the doctor turned the baby right to Sean so he was the only one who could see him. Sean yelled, "it's a boy! right?" Everyone laughed and then the doctor confirmed that yes it was definitely a boy!
5. Sleep Walking---in the first few weeks we were married I woke up to a loud noise (thinking the ceiling fan was about to come crashing down on us). I realized Sean was standing on the bed with his arms going in and out of the fan. He was yelling "I'll get them-don't worry." I had no idea that Sean had a habit of sleep-walking. There have been very entertaining nights since then.
There are so many great memories I had a hard time just picking 5. I can't wait for all of the many memories to come!
Posted by Jessica at 10:19 AM
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Today I did a traithlon. I had my best time so far in a triathlon of 1:19:43 I was really excited to finish so well and got 9th in age group and 13th overall. Carter was cheering me on the whole way! Now onto training for the half-marathon in February!
Posted by Jessica at 9:13 PM