Saturday, April 18, 2009

Before We Met (1)

Awhile back my friend Em documented on her blog her journey of meeting/dating her husband. I want to document my journey with Sean.

I had just come home from my second year at BYU and was ready for a fun summer. I had become more outgoing at BYU, a little more bold, and a little less shy than I had been in high school. I had been home a few weeks when I got my wisdom teeth out. I was out from that event for a few days but decided to go to the local single's ward Family Home Evening. I was a little self-conscious about this because my brother (one of them anyways) told me to not worry because since my face so swollen, my nose looked smaller. Nice. I went anyway. After the activity I stayed to play basketball. I was the only girl. After awhile it was only one other guy and I shooting around. We started talking and made a bet on a shot. Whoever didn't make the shot, had to buy the other one a drink at Circle K. I lost. We drove to Circle K and got some drinks and talked in the parking lot for awhile. He was impressed with my car. It belonged to my sister Amy, who I was living with at the time.

The next week I went again (even with my nose that now looked bigger since my face was no longer swollen) to FHE hoping to see this same guy. He wasn't there. The ward was playing frisbee football. I had learned to play this at BYU and I've gotta be honest here, I dominated that night. I noticed a guy who was yelling to his team a lot on where to go. He had his socks pulled up to his knees and I could tell he was getting frustrated that no one was catching me. I ran faster. He couldn't catch me either, and trust me, he was trying. At the end of the night I saw "cute high sock guy" talking to another girl. I asked a friend who he was and she said, "oh that's Sean, I wouldn't talk to him, he's on and off with his girlfriend all the time." Too bad, I thought.

The next week, basketball guy called me and we started going on some dates and hanging out a lot.

A few weeks later, I am hanging out with a married couple who tell me they have a friend they want to introduce me to that would be perfect for me. They are "just waiting for him to finally end things with his girlfriend."

Whatever. I'm dating basketball guy.

5 comments:

Emily said...

oooh, this is fun. I feel like I know this story but not all the details. I like it.

Natalie said...

This is funny. I knew Sean and the girlfriend your talking about. They were weird together, so glad you came along, Sean needed a good person in his life.

Andrea J said...

I like these stories too. It's fun because I knew you then and I love rehashing stuff. Fantastic!

trublubyu said...

fun to hear the story. can't wait for more...

christina said...

Neat. Hearing all the details is going to be fun!