Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A bad joke?

Do you think the beautiful flowers from our garden and the cute kid waiting on the counter for Sean to get home today will be enough of a distraction for what's waiting outside for Sean? This morning when I went to cut said beautiful flowers, this is what I saw: a broken sprinkler and a flooded backyard. (it's hard to see in the picture but the grass and rocks are totally flooded). I guess this explains why my grass looks dead. 
Maybe I could start by saying, "Surprise, you get to stay inside all weekend and do nothing."

April Fool's. 

Sometimes he checks the blog so maybe he'll see this before he gets home and my joke will be ruined. 

7 comments:

Emily said...

Oh MAN Jess, I am so sorry. What a pain.

Sorry I didn't call you back on Friday--my phone died (read: dropped in the toilet) and I don't have your number anywhere else.

Robyn Cheney said...

Hi! I love your blog! Thank you for giving me the address. I feel lie I am getting to know you all over again.
Good luck with the sprinklers.

Natalie said...

That stinks! Not a fun thing to find first thing. I'm sure Sean will fix it.

christina said...

sorry about the flood.

carter sure does look cute though!

trublubyu said...

how did the flowers/cute kid vs. broken sprinkler situation turn out?

that's a pain. hope it all gets fixed.

Val said...

That is no fun! What a fun way to spend time at home!

Jessica said...

sean was not so thrilled about the backyard as much as i tried to play it up as good times in the backyard!