Wednesday, April 15, 2009

P. What begins with P?

"write about 10 things you like that start with the letter "


Em passed along the letter tag- she's given me the letter "P".

In no particular order:


1. People watching: LOVE it. This is probably one of our fave things to do. Just yesterday while I was stuck in Winslow, AZ for 3 hours while the freeway was closed! I passed the time in Walmart and got myself a pedicure (see #2). While sitting there I was able to see all kinds of people: one mom who slapped her son and yelled "don't hit," one lady telling her husband she would like a pedicure and the man said "ya right," a trucker who kept pacing back and forth in front of the store...I could go on and on, it fascinates me.

2. Pedicures: My friend Nikki and I try to get one together every couple of months. It's my hour of get away time to relax and get pampered. And come away with cute toes too! And I'll even get one at Wal-Mart too.

3. Ping-Pong: We had one growing up and it was always fun to play with my dad when he came home from work. When I met Sean and we played he would get so mad that he couldn't beat me. A guy he works with in Lousiana has one, and Sean's practicing every night to try and beat me. Won't happen.

4. Peaches: I will only eat peach jelly. I love peaches and milk, plain peaches, peach jelly, canning peaches, love it all.

5. Pinewood: My grandparents had a cabin in Pinewood that I would spend weeks at during the summertime. I have such great childhood memories of being at the cabin. We still go up to the cabin and it's so fun to watch Carter enjoy it as much as I did.

6. Pools: I love swimming. We had a pool growing up and my brother Spencer, neighbor Nikki, and I spent countless hours in the pool: getting rocks thrown at my face, playing Colors and Shark, almost killing myself on the diving board while doing a back flip, and putting buckets on our heads to walk under water. Good times.

7. Paula Abdul: Straight Up, I love her songs from the glory days. Her CD was the first CD I ever got when CD players first came out. In college a group of us drove to Gunlock and my car was full of girls and Jarom. We had just recently met Jarom and when I put in Paula and he was able to sing "he's a cold hearted snake" just as loud as me, I knew we'd be great friends.

8. Pumpkin cupackes: YUM! I don't even like cupcakes but these are addictive!

9. Pei Wei: Have you eaten here before? Sean got Carter hooked on it. Carter asks for it on a regular basis and actually eats his chicken with chopsticks. Have you ever seen a 3 year old eat with chopsticks?

10. Picnics: Some of my favorite dates with Sean were picnics in Provo Canyon. Carter and I have at least one picnic a week. It's so relaxing.

What's your favorite thing that starts with P?

Want to do your own letter? Let me know and I will give you a letter.

5 comments:

Emily said...

We had ping pong and pool growing up too but I still suck at them. Sad. I've only ever had 2 pedicures but I really loved them, especially the parafin wax dip. Love Paula. That trip was so fun, man. Sometimes we go to Pei Wei and sneak it into the movie theater for a dinner date (when we lived in Draper I mean, I guess we haven't done that since we moved). Love it.

My favorite P thing is probably...um...peonies. Such pretty flowers, especially when they're pink. OOOOh, THAT WAS A DOUBLE! pink peonies!

Kimberly said...

We haven't done anything in a while and we are long overdue in getting together. We love Pei Wei's too. Lets meet there soon!

christina said...

Love Pei Wei's! We have pei wei's every Friday night...just a tradition we started. And would love to see a picture of Carter eating with chopsticks!

christina said...

Oh, and I also love people watching. I think airports are the best for this!

Jessica said...

Airports are the best for people watching!!