Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
I had just come home from my second year at BYU and was ready for a fun summer. I had become more outgoing at BYU, a little more bold, and a little less shy than I had been in high school. I had been home a few weeks when I got my wisdom teeth out. I was out from that event for a few days but decided to go to the local single's ward Family Home Evening. I was a little self-conscious about this because my brother (one of them anyways) told me to not worry because since my face so swollen, my nose looked smaller. Nice. I went anyway. After the activity I stayed to play basketball. I was the only girl. After awhile it was only one other guy and I shooting around. We started talking and made a bet on a shot. Whoever didn't make the shot, had to buy the other one a drink at Circle K. I lost. We drove to Circle K and got some drinks and talked in the parking lot for awhile. He was impressed with my car. It belonged to my sister Amy, who I was living with at the time.
The next week I went again (even with my nose that now looked bigger since my face was no longer swollen) to FHE hoping to see this same guy. He wasn't there. The ward was playing frisbee football. I had learned to play this at BYU and I've gotta be honest here, I dominated that night. I noticed a guy who was yelling to his team a lot on where to go. He had his socks pulled up to his knees and I could tell he was getting frustrated that no one was catching me. I ran faster. He couldn't catch me either, and trust me, he was trying. At the end of the night I saw "cute high sock guy" talking to another girl. I asked a friend who he was and she said, "oh that's Sean, I wouldn't talk to him, he's on and off with his girlfriend all the time." Too bad, I thought.
The next week, basketball guy called me and we started going on some dates and hanging out a lot.
A few weeks later, I am hanging out with a married couple who tell me they have a friend they want to introduce me to that would be perfect for me. They are "just waiting for him to finally end things with his girlfriend."
Whatever. I'm dating basketball guy.
Friday, April 17, 2009
once you're tagged, you must take your picture right then and there.
no changing clothes.
no adding makeup.
that's right, we wanna see the real you.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
"write about 10 things you like that start with the letter "
Em passed along the letter tag- she's given me the letter "P".
In no particular order:
1. People watching: LOVE it. This is probably one of our fave things to do. Just yesterday while I was stuck in Winslow, AZ for 3 hours while the freeway was closed! I passed the time in Walmart and got myself a pedicure (see #2). While sitting there I was able to see all kinds of people: one mom who slapped her son and yelled "don't hit," one lady telling her husband she would like a pedicure and the man said "ya right," a trucker who kept pacing back and forth in front of the store...I could go on and on, it fascinates me.
2. Pedicures: My friend Nikki and I try to get one together every couple of months. It's my hour of get away time to relax and get pampered. And come away with cute toes too! And I'll even get one at Wal-Mart too.
3. Ping-Pong: We had one growing up and it was always fun to play with my dad when he came home from work. When I met Sean and we played he would get so mad that he couldn't beat me. A guy he works with in Lousiana has one, and Sean's practicing every night to try and beat me. Won't happen.
4. Peaches: I will only eat peach jelly. I love peaches and milk, plain peaches, peach jelly, canning peaches, love it all.
5. Pinewood: My grandparents had a cabin in Pinewood that I would spend weeks at during the summertime. I have such great childhood memories of being at the cabin. We still go up to the cabin and it's so fun to watch Carter enjoy it as much as I did.
6. Pools: I love swimming. We had a pool growing up and my brother Spencer, neighbor Nikki, and I spent countless hours in the pool: getting rocks thrown at my face, playing Colors and Shark, almost killing myself on the diving board while doing a back flip, and putting buckets on our heads to walk under water. Good times.
7. Paula Abdul: Straight Up, I love her songs from the glory days. Her CD was the first CD I ever got when CD players first came out. In college a group of us drove to Gunlock and my car was full of girls and Jarom. We had just recently met Jarom and when I put in Paula and he was able to sing "he's a cold hearted snake" just as loud as me, I knew we'd be great friends.
8. Pumpkin cupackes: YUM! I don't even like cupcakes but these are addictive!
9. Pei Wei: Have you eaten here before? Sean got Carter hooked on it. Carter asks for it on a regular basis and actually eats his chicken with chopsticks. Have you ever seen a 3 year old eat with chopsticks?
10. Picnics: Some of my favorite dates with Sean were picnics in Provo Canyon. Carter and I have at least one picnic a week. It's so relaxing.
What's your favorite thing that starts with P?
Want to do your own letter? Let me know and I will give you a letter.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Carter wanted an "Alex" (from Madagascar) birthday cake. Here's how it turned out.
I'm so glad we live so close to family. We were able to all get together for a last minute birthday party after school today. It was lots of fun!
The older kids even organized an easter egg hunt for the younger kids.
For the last few weeks I have been asking Carter how old he would be on his birthday. He kept saying, "umm 45." Today, when I asked him, he said, "I'm all grown up, I'm 3." So I guess it's official.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Maybe I could start by saying, "Surprise, you get to stay inside all weekend and do nothing."