Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Carter's officially 3 now

Back in December, Sean came home one day and said, "I think we should get Carter a sand box for Christmas. It will keep him busy for hours." We didn't get it.
A couple of days ago I told Wendy that we got Carter a sandbox for his birthday and here is how our conversation went:
Wendy-was Sean ok with that?
Me: ya, he was all for it. in fact he is really excited about it. why?
Wendy-well, when I suggested it for Christmas, Sean said no way because it would be too messy.
Me: really? He told me he thought Carter would play with it for hours.
Wendy-(cracking up) that's what I told him! Nice sales pitch Sean!


I am really thinking that this bug vacuum is going to come in handy for me. I hate bugs. Now Carter can catch them for me if one is inside. We've already had one bug biting incident but I think he'll be out again tomorrow trying to catch more bugs.

Carter wanted an "Alex" (from Madagascar) birthday cake. Here's how it turned out.
I'm so glad we live so close to family. We were able to all get together for a last minute birthday party after school today. It was lots of fun!
The older kids even organized an easter egg hunt for the younger kids.
For the last few weeks I have been asking Carter how old he would be on his birthday. He kept saying, "umm 45." Today, when I asked him, he said, "I'm all grown up, I'm 3." So I guess it's official.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday from your cousins!
Hopefully we will see you soon!

Emily said...

Oh man, cute cake! how did you come up with that?! And dude, sandboxes DO make a huge mess. But my boys also play with them for hours--seriously hours. Find a shady spot and they will dig and bury and throw sand forever. then I break out the hose, hose off the balcony, and buy new sand.

Happy birthday Carter! Seriously can't believe the kid is three.

The Davies Family said...

That cake looks awesome! You'll have to give me tips on how you made it..I'm just not that creative. Did you find it online or make it up yourself?
That is HI-larious about the sand box..haha nice one Shawn

christina said...

Fun birthday for Carter! And the cake looks amazing...Carter is so lucky to have a mom like you!

Spencer and Marlee said...

The cake turned out so SOO-> cute!! That is a funny story about Sean and Wendy! I laughed hard! I am sure he will really enjoy the sandbox! Can't wait to see you next week:)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Val said...

Cuteness! Happy birthday big 3 year old!