Monday, April 6, 2009

An old friend...


Christa and I met when we were both teaching high school at the same school. We instantly became friends and spent lots of time talking in each other's classrooms. I was devastated when she did not come back to teach after my first year. Luckily, she still stopped by to visit me. Then I left teaching for my current job and we still visit each other. It usually only happens once a year, (with a few more phone calls/texts throughout the year) but we pick up right where we left off. Today was no exception. We met at a park by her work so Carter could play and we could chat. When we got there, she had a cake with candles and all for Carter and a present for him. I didn't even know she knew when Carter's birthday was! Christa is one of the most giving people I know. When I told her I was pregnant with Carter she brought me a gift. Then she came to my baby shower and brought a gift. Then after Carter was born she came to visit and brought yet another gift. She remembered his first birthday and got him a gift. Carter was especially happy today as he dug his fingers into the cake and played with the toys she gave him most of the time we were there. Her kindness amazes me. I am so grateful for old friends.
*picture taken in 2003 at RCB High School

3 comments:

The Davies Family said...

That is so great to find a friend like that!
And of course..you can stay with us anytime in D.C. we'd love it!

Emily said...

How sweet! Did Carter have a good birthday?

christina said...

I'm glad you have great friends taking care of you while Sean is gone!