Tuesday, November 17, 2009

In all things give thanks...


I love this area that I have set up for Thanksgiving. It reminds me everyday to be thankful for EVERYthing. This weekend Carter had his first spend the night at a cousin's house. While I had fun going shopping with my sister on Friday night, I was so lonely Saturday morning! Sean was at work and I was alone. I missed Carter getting into bed with me in the morning and snuggling up to me. I missed his tugging at me to come be with him while I try and check my email in the morning. I missed him yelling out my name from the other room. I missed him bargaining with me why he should have a cookie for breakfast and not a waffle. Mostly, I just missed HIM. Sometimes, I find myself thinking, "if I only had a few minutes to myself..." Saturday I had way more than a few minutes, but I was sad. I couldn't wait for him to come home. It was a good reminder how much I love this kid and how much I love being a mom. When I was in the 6th grade me and a few other girls put together the first ever School Yearbook. It was nothing special. But we took a picture of every 6th grader and asked them 3 questions:

1. What is your nickname?
2. What is your favorite saying?
3. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Here were my answers:
1. J.J.
2. "don't forget to smile."
3. just be a Mom

All I have ever wanted to do was to be a mom.

I am thankful to be a mother.

And I am especially thankful for this kid and all his craziness. Life would be boring without him!



2 comments:

Emily said...

That's all I ever wanted to be too. In fact, sitting in my PoliSci 470 class we had to go around the room and talk about our career aspirations. I heard "CIA" "NSA" "FBI" "politics" and then it got to me...I said "I want to be a mom." I felt so stupid. But it's true. It's all I ever wanted. Thanks for the reminder.

christina said...

Precious!