Saturday, November 21, 2009

Old toys for new kids

Two of my nieces and nephew spent the night last night. I love them but they sure did wear me out today! I think I have been cleaning all day! I made breakfast then cleaned up breakfast. We made cookie dough then cleaned up cookie dough. We cut out the cookies then cleaned up from cutting out the cookies. We cooked the cookies then had to do dishes. We frosted the cookies and then had to clean up from frosting cookies. Then it was lunch time and there had been a special request for homemade pizza. So I think you are getting the routine. After lunch, I tried to take a little nap. I laid down for 20 minutes and had questions/requests from little kiddos about every 3 or 4 minutes. Then I had an idea! I brought out my old doll house that was mine as a little girl. It requires a lot of set up so I don't get it out often. Caitlyn and Carter (don't tell Sean!) were in heaven! Right now they are playing and they are having Family Home Evening. So cute!
Sometimes the old toys are the best toys! Now I think I will close my eyes for at least 3 or 4 minutes.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love old toys! Sounds like you're a VERY fun aunt.

Jenny said...

i bet it is sooo much fun to hang out at your house! i can totally relate to the feeling of fun activities creating more work than play. definitely worth it, though!
-j

christina said...

Wow...I would even love to play with your dollhouse. It looks so fun!

Natalie said...

I totally remember that doll house. Did you ever play with it as a kid, I thought you just set it up and looked at it!:)