Friday, November 13, 2009

What was she thinking (during the triathlon, anyways)?

"Wow, I've really made it now, a star is in the same race as me.""I want to cross that finish line!"
"I don't think I can make it...seriously...I am so tired."
"I'm so happy Marlee said she would run with me during the run portion. But this will probably be embarrassing since she'll run faster than me and she just had a baby 7 weeks ago!!!"
"I really wish I had swam a few times before this race..."
"Marlee wants me to go first in the swim, so she is trying to get me to do rock, paper, scissors with her. No way!"
"I'm so glad I am DONE!" (I got 1:15; almost the exact same time I got last year, my swim was slower than last year but my run was faster. I got 5th out of 39 in my age group!)
"Why do they have speed bumps on the final part of this bike course? So annoying."

6 comments:

Emily said...

AWESOME! Congratulations! I don't recognize the celebrity?

Kimberly said...

You are amazing! That is so great!

Spencer and Marlee said...

You did AWESOME!!! I can't believe how great you did! Yeah I wanted you to go first in the swim because i didn't want to get in your way... and I did!! You did so good! I had a lot of fun running with you. You better believe you pushed me!! I was telling Spence and Katie on the way home at the beginning of the run you were going at like a 6min pace! Good job Jess!! I still wish you would move here to train with me!

Andrea J said...

Nice work Jess! I think a 1:15 is stellar. And I'm a Biggest Loser fan, so that was pretty cool; wasn't his name Cione or something?

christina said...

Sione!! He and Filipe were my favorites on BL! Awesome job on the 1:15!

russandkatie said...

it was so fun to watch you do the race! You are amazing!