Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Keeping busy

I think I am finding projects to do to help pass the time until Sean gets here. I have organized almost every room at my parent's house and am well on my way at my sister's house. I LOVE to organize. I always have. But the last 5 months has involved some extreme organizing and other various projects. More than I've done in a whole year before, that's for sure. Today Carter and I made our third batch of strawberry jam. It's delish! 
And yes I DID make the apron about 3 weeks ago. I LOVE how it turned out. I have been wanting a new apron for a long time and since 2009 is all about projects for me, I decided to venture out from my typical skirts and pajama pants sewing skills and try something new. I'm pretty impressed with myself. 
This afternoon, we repainted benches in our backyard and one by our front door. I just redid them last year but I guess the way they were positioned, the sprinklers hit them too much so I redid them again and went with a different color. Hopefully, they last forever this time. Carter is such a good helper with all the projects. He definitely loves to be involved in whatever I'm doing. Hopefully, that lasts forever too! 

7 comments:

russandkatie said...

I made strawberry jam today too!

Emily said...

Something I always liked about you was that you're always doing something. I wish I could be like that, but I like sitting around too much. :)

christina said...

Love the cute apron and all the colors in it! I need to start learning to sew again...I've kinda forgotten.

Natalie said...

Jessica, if you get done with your sisters house, my house is in desperat need of organizing. I'm not kidding. I was thinking of calling you this summer to see if you could help me with our office room.

Jen said...

Three things:
1: If you like to organize so much, you are MORE than welcome to come to my house and organize a few things for me. i.e. my bedroom closet.
2: You've been holding out on me with the strawberry jam. That hurts, Jess.
3: I need you to teach me house to make pajama pants, skirts, and aprons.
The sooner we accomplish the things on this list, the sooner we can move on to new things, Jessica. Let me know when you're coming over!! :D

Spencer and Marlee said...

Keeping busy is right!!! I hear you sister... I have am trying to get all or most of my "projects" done before the baby comes. It's coming to fast!! 15 weeks left! YIKES

Val said...

Good for you! I am an organizing freak too! My favorite show is Mission: Organization on HGTV.