Friday, May 8, 2009

Water Aerobics

I'm not gonna lie. I've always thought that water aerobics was for old ladies. I knew it was good for you but thought, "it can't be that hard." Famous last words. I am in Sierra Vista visiting Spencer and Marlee and Marlee teaches a Water Aerobics class. So this morning I went with her. I was feeling the burn man! But that Marlee is a tough teacher! I only wish I lived here so I could go every day. The last time I was here, I went to her medicine ball aerobics class and I was the sorest I have been since two-a-days during volleyball practice in high school!

Some of my favorite lines from Marlee during class were:

*"Move those legs. If you think I can't see them under the water, I can!"
*"Keep those arms up. This should be easy for Jessica." (at the same time I was thinking, man when are we gonna be done, my arms are DYING!)
*"Tuck in your butt and suck in your gut!"
*When Marlee was passing out arm bands and explained that yellow was easiest, purple was medium, and blue was the hardest. I thought, hmm guess I'll take yellow. Right then Marlee throws me a blue one. Awesome.

4 comments:

russandkatie said...

wish I could have done it with you!

Emily said...

way for her to push you! that's awesome. i sooo would've taken yellow.

Becky said...

I need to be more motivated to exercise, it does not come easily for me. Hey, we would love to come to phoenix. We are trying to get in with Knight.I bet we are totally annoying Steve on that! Rob is really awesome at what he does though, so cross your fingers for us :) Or throw a few prayers our way!

Spencer and Marlee said...

I'm not a drill Sargent! haha! I LOVE when you get to come to the classes! I love that you come and visit!! We really had a great time! Thanks for not forgetting about us in Sierra Vista!!