Friday, October 2, 2009

The Old and the Beautiful

I posted them in reverse order, but you get the idea. After sitting in the hot sun for 5 years, our swing needed some serious TLC. My mom had this extra material at her house and I gladly took it and spruced up the swing a bit. I think I will add a couple pillows to it?

Our shower faucet began leaking at the beginning of the year. But remember how I have been husbandless for the first 8 months of the year? So it continued to leak and it became corroded and just gross. We got a new one and had it installed today. I absolutely LOVE it!
That's just gross.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Fancy! Derald's parent's have a swing just like that and they were literally JUST asking me if I had a pattern for a cover!!! (Not sure why they asked me...) Did you just make it up? (You're amazing.)

Emily said...

love it all. we got a new showerhead a while ago and now i'm dying for a new faucet/drain system.

Emily said...

love it all. we got a new showerhead a while ago and now i'm dying for a new faucet/drain system.

Nana said...

You must have a wonderful mother.....Lucky you. It looks great--want to re-cove mine on the back porch????

Sandi and Curtis said...

Great job with the swing!!! Wow. Here is a little housekeeping trick. Buy fine steel wool (like the SOS wool but it has no soap in it) and if you rub it on the faucets (anything silver in the bathroom) they shine! I actually took an hour and shined up my old waffle maker...looks brand new now! Saves money.