Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reason #7 why I need to live in the same location as my husband

Nights like tonight.

I got home at 6:30 from work/picking up Carter. Sean had an early night and was home at 6:15. When I picked Carter up he was *literally* screaming that his stomach hurt. In the car he fell asleep. When we got home he woke up and was crying again about his stomach and I wasn't able to console him. I got him to lay on my bed and was trying to take care of him and get dinner finished. I try to have dinner ready for Sean right when he comes home because he works on average 15 hours a day. Seriously. He has only had 4 days off in the 5 weeks he has been home. I don't know how he is functioning, he works CRazy hours. It's still kinda like he is in Louisiana because we don't get to see him much, Carter is asleep most nights before Sean gets home. But I'll take seeing him 1-2 hours a night over none at all. But back to the story, (remember, I am trying to clean, finish dinner, and take care of a crying child). Sean came in and told me to just focus on Carter and that he would finish dinner and clean the kitchen (it was a disaster). I was finally able to console Carter and came out to a nice clean kitchen with dinner ready.

I would highly recommend looking into arranging the same living location as your spouse if you haven't already.

2 comments:

Emily said...

awww, nice. poor carter, i hope he's okay!

Hearts Turned said...

Hi Jessica! I've enjoyed your posts--fun to catch up with you & your family!

Sorry to hear your lives are so crazy right now! But, I do think your posts are great with "Reason #..." to live with your husband--fun stuff!

We miss our Arizona family--nice I can peek into your life once in a while & see how you are!