Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Makeover

Remember when I mentioned I would be sad if my house burned down because I had a new makeover in one of my rooms? Well, as of yesterday, now I have two makeovers so I would be twice as sad if my house burned down.

My sister Wendy came over yesterday to help me paint my family room. This half wall was white and then the kitchen/family room was a light yellow. I have never liked having the half wall white because it gets so dirty but never knew what to do since one side of the wall was a light tan and the other side was yellow. So I picked out a darker tan color than what's in the living room and painted the half wall and the family room/kitchen area the same color. I really love how it turned out. Thanks for the help Wendy! With a little hard work and some spilled salsa, I'd say we did pretty well.
My next makeover was my laundry room. We have been in desperate need of a new washer for quite a while now. I have also been wanting a freezer for a few years but didn't want to put it in the garage. Walking through Home Depot a couple weeks ago I saw these stackable washer/dryer sets and a lightbulb went off! If we got the stackable set we could fit a freezer in the laundry room too!! Major space saver, and I even had 13 inches left over to put some shelving in. I am absolutely loving this set up. And the best part is, I almost forget that I hate doing laundry because when the cycle is done, instead of an obnoxious buzzing noise, there is a delightful chime, making me feel happy that it is time to go and get the laundry!

7 comments:

Emily said...

can I ask how much the washer/dryer were? Ours have to be stacked, that's all the space we have, and our dryer is totally kaput. super stinks because it's all one unit and the washer still works fine, but something has to be done.

Nice work on the makeover/space saver!

Jessica said...

ya, i think they were right around $500 each. that's a real bummer about your dryer, but once you have a new one you will LOVE it!

christina said...

the picture on your fridge is cute!
makeover looks awesome!

russandkatie said...

gotta love the delightful chime! I love both rooms!!!

Jen said...

Love the paint job! Love it!

Also love the washer and dryer and the freezer. And the shelves. Hey, $500 each is a smokin' deal! That chime sounds like it would be nice. Ours is so cheap it doesn't even have an obnoxious beep. So I forget about it all the time! :D

Sandi and Curtis said...

Looks great! I love the idea of chimes when the laundry is done instead of the yucky BuZZZZZ!

Natalie said...

That is a good set up. I love those new washer and dryers, I don't have them, but my sister does and I had to use them. You never even know your laundry is going, it is so quiet.