Sunday, June 7, 2009

The results

Here are the new curtains for my office. I LOVE them. What do you think?This clock was on the wall and I can't paint it since our name is burned in it on the top so I moved it to the other side of the room with my typewriter. It's a little blurry, but I love how it looks together. 
I decided not to reupholster the chair that was in the room and moved it out instead. I have been wanting to make the office an office/playroom so I painted the toy shelf my sister Wendy gave me after organizing/painting her daughter's room last week. Now I am wondering if I should replace the non-red buckets with red buckets to better match the curtains? Or does it not matter? Carter told me last night that he loves his new playroom. His toys were stuffed in 3 baskets in his closet prior to this and it was a hassle to get them out/put them away. Now he can see them and put them away much easier. 
Since Sean graduated I have been looking for frames to hang our diplomas in. I found these at Wal-mart and am loving how they look! 
Now onto the next project...

6 comments:

Emily said...

nice work! we had our diplomas up in our parents basement but not in our new house. that makes me want to get them back out! it looks great!

Natalie said...

It looks really good. I love the curtains, I wouldn't have thought of using red, but I like how it looks with the black and white. I like all the different colored buckets.

Kimberly said...

Your graduation diploma frames look just like Matt and mine. How funny! Got your message. When should we get together?

christina said...

Love how it all looks! I knew you would come up with a great idea/color!

Alicia said...

You are so amazing. You have to come help me with the new house. We love and miss you tons!

Val said...

Look at you getting all HGTV! I love it!!