Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Kid!

A few months ago I was teaching my niece Carley how to sew a quilt for personal progress in Young Womens. While doing this, my nephew Cameron (aka Kid), asked me to make him a quilt for his birthday. He wanted to redo his room in ASU colors so this is how I did the quilt. In order to repaint his room we had to first organize it. While organizing his room we found lots of ticket stubs from different sporting events. I borrowed them from him and framed some of them for his "new" room. I gave the quilt and the frame to him on Sunday and he loved them. They look great in his room. We are almost finished decorating it--pictures to come soon!

9 comments:

Em said...

Wow, what an awesome aunt you are. I bet he loves it!

Natalie said...

Jess, I didn't know you were into quilting. I am making Duncan a quilt. My mom is so into it as well, you should see all the fabric she has. Justin's mom is a quilter too. She has a long arm if you ever need anything quilted.
I love that his colors are ASU-great school.

Spencer and Marlee said...

That turned out so so cute!! I LOVE it!!! About a week ago I finished my Christmas quilt and just finished Madison's comforter yesterday. I did her's by hand... not sure I will do many more like that. My fingers killed!! I also Love the picture frame your so creative!!

christina said...

See, you really need to move to Utah, so you can help me sew/finish my quilt...along with all your other talents you could share too!

Emily said...

Jess, I'm so impressed! You're awesome!

Emily said...

P.S. Have you been leaving comments as "charlie"? you're creeping me out.

Jessica said...

i don't know what you're talking about emily?!?

Jessica said...

by hand Marlee? you're CRazy! I'm totally just a beginner--no one can look too closely at the quilt!

ashley said...

I hope we haven't missed you! We'd love to see you and Emily. My email is ashleybecar@yahoo.com.