Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Home Cookin'

Tonight I cooked dinner, like really cooked a meal, for the first time in 6 months. I tried a new recipe in the crock pot. The grub was good and so was the company. (Sean is working in Phoenix this week so we get to see him each night!)

Machaca Burritos

1 chuck roast
1 can diced green chilies
3 Tbsp garlic (I didn't have any so I left it out)
1 1/2 tsp onion powder  (I only had onion flakes so I used those instead)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbs water

Put the roast and the green chilies in the crock pot on high for 3 hours. Combine the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 7-9 hours. Serve with tortillas, cheese, sour cream, and homemade salsa that you canned a few weeks ago (Delish!), and whatever else you want. 





4 comments:

Natalie said...

That sounds really good. I don't think I know how to cook anymore-I haven't cooked anything in over a month.

Thats great that Sean is here for a little bit, just in time for the heat. Hope things are going well with you.

Emily said...

sounds REALLY good. i'm looking for recipes that don't require an oven, as our oven fire has put it out of commission. This will be perfect!

christina said...

sounds delish. can't wait to try it! i'll be using the crockpot a lot more, since it's finally starting to get hot here.

russandkatie said...

sounds delicious! how fun that Sean is in town for the week!!!