Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Making Jelly

We started with A LOT of peaches...We sliced and boiled them and added in the other ingredients...
We boiled the jars...
We made a pretty big mess...
After a few hours here was the final product...
36 jars of peach jelly! Yum!
Last night reminded me of the this...



Nikki and I grew up together. My parents lived next door to her grandparents. We probably spent every day together as kids, until her family moved to Vegas. I went and visited her though and she would come back to visit her grandparents. A few years ago she moved back to Phoenix and two years ago we introduced her to Sean's best friend from high school, Jeremy, and now they are married! Last night, Nikki, asked Sean and Jeremy if they ever thought in high school that their wives would be in the kitchen together making jelly! 

9 comments:

Em said...

Yum, yum, yum! Wish I lived there so you could teach me to make some.

Cool about the set-up!

Carolyn said...

I love peaches. I bet peach jelly is great, I am not sure if I have ever had it.

Andrea J said...

Great story, you look fantastic btw.

Spencer and Marlee said...

YUMMY YUMMY!!!

Jessica said...

You are my best friend Andrea!! Thanks!

russandkatie said...

Yummy!!! I'll take 2

christina said...

Yum - I made peach jam with my sister a couple of weeks ago too. Love it!

Cool that you two still hang out together, what a great friendship to have.

Totally agree with Andrea - You do look fantastic!

Jessica said...

You are now my best friend too Christina!!

Jen said...

We'll take two jars please!!!
So, I was worried that you would be offended that I said we didnt't want to borrow your Incredibles costumes! I'm glad you're not!! Thanks for letting us exploit your family like that. It really helps me to be funnier. Hey, what are you plans for this weekend?