Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our Weekend

We spent this last weekend with my parents, Amy, and Keith and Steph with their boys, at my parent's cabin in Pinewood. Here are some of the highlights from the trip:

Baseball at the park!
Great pitch Grandad!!
The newest addition to the cabin--a wood carved bear that my parents picked out while we were there. Maybe this will help Carter not be so afraid of bears. (the last time we were at the cabin and on a picninc in the forest Sean said, "Carter there's a bear" which then lead to the conversation what would we do if we really saw a bear--obviously we would book it to the Ranger and get out of there. Fast forward to later that day--Carter was outside playing and started screaming -really screaming like he was hurt--I run out there and he is running to the Ranger screaming "bear!." It took all my convincing skills to get him to go outside again. That night he had a nightmare-about what? You got it, bears!! And he has had a few since then).


Of course we had lots and lots of fun Ranger rides!








What cute boys all ready for bed in their jammies after their bath. Too bad they didn't go right to bed as we had planned--it's too much fun up at the cabin with all the cousins!!

pictured above: Carter, Spencer, Hunter, and Tyler





7 comments:

Mendy said...

Looks like you had a great time! I can't believe how big Keith's boys have gotten! I haven't seen them or any of you for so long! Does the new cabin have more space for all of you to spread out? Looks great!

Emily said...

That last picture, the two boys in the middle look like one body with two heads. It freaked me out for a second.

Anonymous said...

cute pics! looks like everyone had a great time!

Jen said...

Leave it to Sean to scare the crap out of a small, innocent child! That's my brother, I guess. :) Hey, that cabin looks nice. We'd love to accept an invitation anytime! No really, I'm serious.

Spencer and Marlee said...

Looks like a good time by all! We are very excited to have you guys come next week!

The Davies Family said...

I am also TERRIFIED of bears..I mean there is NO reasoning with them, if they want a snack they just eat you..we had a conversation like that in Yellowstone..our picnic table had a great sign saying there were bears in the area and to avoid strong scents.."what like my scent?' so I kept my eyes sharp and planned in my head how I would get my family safely into the car..yeah I don't like bears.

Val said...

What a fun weekend and cute boys in that picture!