Friday, October 3, 2008

Be Your Best Self



Last night, I went to hear Betty Sue from last year's season of Betty Sue talk at Poppy's Home Decor in Gilbert. She was so funny. She talked a lot about her experience on the Biggest Loser and her relationship with her daughter Allie, who won the show. And she talked about little things you can do to be happier with yourself. My favorite part was when she was talking about being in a hotel room sitting on the bed waiting to find out if they were going to make it on the show, eating a whole Large pizza by herself and then saying, "I wonder how I got fat?" Her life changes have been amazing, very inspirational. My other favorite part was when she apologized for cussing in one of the episodes and someone called her and told her to have her mother leave the room because they did not edit it out; Betty Sue said, "my mother, what about the Prophet?" I didn't know she was LDS and now she is going around to different stakes/wards in the state talking about her experiences. Pictured: Me, Katie, Betty Sue, Stephanie, my cousin Mendy, and Wendy. Thanks for the fun night out girls! (except for the getting lost part on the way home!)

14 comments:

Emily said...

What a beautiful group of girls! It looks like you guys had a great time, I wish I could've gone.

Castle Family said...

I love Poppy's, and I love The Biggest Loser! That would have been cool to hear her speak. I actually met Bette Sue an Alli at my gym last year just a week or so before the finale. That was neat :)

christina said...

That is so awesome! I loved them on th show.

christina said...

P.S. Love your hair (bangs)!

Em said...

I totally didn't know she was LDS. Funny, there have been a handful of Biggest Loosers who are LDS. Good for her for going around inspiring others. What a fun night out.

Jessica said...

thanks Christina--especially since I was having a bad hair day!

Natalie said...

That is so cool. I didn't know she was LDS either. She seems like she would be a funny person. Has she been able to keep the weight off?

russandkatie said...

hey getting lost only added to the night ;) good times, good times!

Mechelle said...

That's awesome! I love the biggest loser, it's one of my favorite shows. That's great you got to meet Betty Sue and listen to speak. I didn't know they were LDS either.

Mendy said...

I'm so glad you came!! You got lost on the way home???? How'd that happen? You must have gotten home really late, right?? I hope it was all worth it! So fun to see you.

Spencer and Marlee said...

Looks like a fun night out!! I wish I could have joined you!! Jess you look good!! Your face has really thinned out!!

Naughty Newbee's said...

Oh that is so awesome! Joey saw and meet Alli just the other day so I thought it was so funny to see this on your blog. I love the biggest loser! I am so hooked on that show. I have to still watch the one from last week.

Anonymous said...

What a fun night!!!

The Davies Family said...

What an inspirational story! Lots to take from it and apply to our own lives. I loved that Allie won it! She deserved it! I wanna be just like her!