Monday, August 17, 2009

Soul sisters...

Today I got a package in the mail. It was from my old roommate Christina. She and I were roommates for my junior and senior years at BYU. She sent me the Jessica Simpson shoes pictured below because her sister never wore them and they were my size! And most importantly a package of gummy bears, because she knows they're my fave! Aren't the shoes so cute. I'm in LOVE. I believe I will wear them to church on Sunday with this skirt I made today. Perfect together, right?Isn't it weird how some people you meet you are really good friends with, but only for a short time until one of you moves away. But other people you meet you are lifelong friends with them no matter what happens or who moves where? That's Christina and I. We aren't roommates anymore (good thing, it might be kinda weird living with each other and our husbands!), but looking back on the pictures I love those days, and am sure glad we are still friends.
Posted by Picasa


Thanks again for the shoes Christina, now get down here to visit me!!

9 comments:

Em said...

Cute skirt! You've got mad skill.

So was Christina your roommate when you lived with Heather? I don't remember her...

Emily said...

oh my gosh, how AWESOME is that?! nice work Christina! (and jess on the skirt). Check out the sweet alpine court courtyard and parking lot! Such memories.

I am SO glad we sold our contracts and moved to alpine court that year. I loved living with Christina and Lex, they were so much fun. It could have been a really bad year depending on who was in that other room but those girls were so fun. Love the blue kool-aid.

Jessica said...

Em, we lived in the same ward with Heather at the Riviera my senior year.

and Emily--so many memories of Alpine Court! I was thinking the same thing last night about our other contract when I was looking at all the pics last night!

christina said...

They will look so cute with that skirt! I'm just glad they fit.

Sweet post by the way, and the pictures make me feel so old!

I'll come visit soon, you're still going to be there, right?

trublubyu said...

i'll be looking for that outfit as you walk the catwalk in the gym, during your lesson.

Spencer and Marlee said...

How FUN!! I love good friends!! the skirt is so cute Jess!! I can't wait to fit into a normal skirt!! I'm just Large and In Charge!

Jenny said...

i am soooo jealous of those shoes! you should start selling your clothing line...seriously, you've been making such cute pieces.

Natalie said...

Yes, good friends like that are great. I love the shoes! I am impressed with your sewing skills.

Sandi and Curtis said...

I remember thinking to myself sitting in SS watching you...Wow, she is really put together head to toe! The outfit was really cute on you!