Friday, August 7, 2009

Onsie Tutorial

Alright, so here are some step by step directions for the onsies I made for my SIL Marlee.
1. The supplies: onsie, material, pattern (I bought a wooden bird from Joanne's for 99 cents) 2. Trace/cut out the pattern
3. Use double sided pellon and iron it onto the pattern.

4. Cut out the extra pellon around the pattern and place the pattern on the onsie




5. Iron on the pattern to the onsie



6. You're ready to sew the pattern onto the onsie. I did a straight stitch around the bird with light blue thread.




7. You're finished!







**I'm going to a baby shower tomorrow and made some more onsies and some matching burp cloths. I hope she likes them!










10 comments:

Burton Family said...

very cute...if only I could sew.

Burton Family said...

and yes, it's early....Ev isn't feeling well, so I'm up!

Unknown said...

Wow those are so cute, I like how you included a tutorial as if I could actually do something like this!

You are talented

Castle Family said...

sooo cute. might have to steal ;)

russandkatie said...

so cute!

Emily said...

SO CUTE. love it. can you make me a bunch when i have another baby?

ellen said...

who knew you were so domestic? very cute

Spencer and Marlee said...

I LOVE the ones you made me!! Thanks:) the ones you made for the shower your going to are also very cute!

Jessica said...

I know, right, Ellen!

For sure Em!!

Sandi and Curtis said...

Very clever!