Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hummingbird Triathlon

I went to Sierra Vista this weekend to do the Hummingbird Triathlon with my brother Spencer. I ended up getting 3rd in my age group. P.S the girl who got 2nd beat me by 6 seconds! 6 seconds, are you serious!?? (and yes Wendy, there were more than 3 people in my bracket!!) This is the same pose we have in our yearbook for "cute campus siblings." Still cute.
800 meter swim (I did it in 16 minutes. This is a couple minutes faster than my last 800 meter swim tri. I was in the lane next to Spence and he wooped up on me. I think he lapped me twice!)
The bike was 13 miles and I met my goal of 45 minutes. The first half was down hill and was great. The way back was a little bit harder.
I did the run in about 26 minutes. My overall time was 1 hour and 32 minutes. Now, onto the next one (Casa Grande, Nov. 7th--anyone want to do it?)
Thanks for the fun weekend Spence and Marlee! I missed racing with Marlee (she's 9 months prego so I might have actually had a small chance at beating her!) But she sure makes a great coach, cheering me on and telling me how much further to go, and to pump my arms!! Thanks coach!

11 comments:

Emily said...

that is so awesome jess! i love that you do these, you're so tough. congratulations.

Spencer and Marlee said...

Jess you did awesome!! It's always fun when you guys come visit!!
I had fun watching you guys, I really can't wait to start training with you guys again!

Jessica said...

you were my inspiration emily!!

Anonymous said...

We're proud of you Jess!! Great job!

Kimberly said...

You look awesome Jess. I'm missing you guys. We haven't hung out in forever!

Jen said...

Dang, you are hard core, Jess! Great job!

russandkatie said...

Good job Jessica!!! That is so awesome!!!

Natalie said...

Way to go! I love the picture of you and Spence. You're doing so great with all the triathlons! Keep up the good work.

Sandi and Curtis said...

Congratulations Jessica!! 6 Seconds, wow that was close!!! Each time you do these you improve. Pretty soon...you'll be winning!!! You have amazing energy!

The Davies Family said...

Way to go Jess! That is awesome! I still have to do one..not now..not until I get my knee fixed. But..maybe one day I will join you..you can beat me anytime! haha congrats!

christina said...

You look amazing! Awesome job!