Thursday, August 13, 2009

Domesticated

in my onsie tutorial post, my friend ellen said, "who knew you were so domestic." it's true. really, who knew the girl who used to go by kat and had a sub woofer in her t-bird would be so domestic. and yet, i love it. i am finding as i do these projects, i really love to sew. i made this skirt, dress, and pajama pants for carter in the last couple of weeks. so far i have really loved everything i made. except for the dress. it looks cute, right? but when i put it on, i just don't like it. at first i thought it was the sleeves, originally they were longer and fuller. i fixed those. not it. then i thought it was the belt. took it off. not it. when it's on i think it looks like a maternity dress. maybe it's because my mom really did use this same material to make my sister a maternity dress and so that's what i see when i put it on? nevertheless, i am still pretty impressed with myself that i made a dress!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I really would like to like sewing, but it's so stressful for me. I'm so worried I'll make a mistake that I just worry the whole time. Way to go, sister.

christina said...

ditto on what em said, except that i have made mistakes, so it keeps me from trying again.

christina said...

and...that dress is super cute!

Spencer and Marlee said...

You are so talented!! I was just bragging about how talented all my sis-in-laws were at lunch.

ellen said...

i'm impressed as well, i suck at sewing

Alicia said...

hey do you think you could share some of that domestication with me?