Saturday, November 15, 2008

5 + 1


I am one week late on posting something on our 6 year anniversary. We have been incredibly busy the past few months. But we did get some time (thanks to my niece Carley who babysat!) to go out to dinner together. Last year, I posted my Fave 5 memories of our first 5 years of marriage. I am going to add one more to that list. This summer (as an early graduation present--only 1 more month til graduation-YAY!) we went on a cruise. One of our favorite things to do on the cruise was go to the Karoke Bar each night. It was totally like American Idol--all these people who think they can sing but really can't. Anyways, each night they had a competition for a certain role (Garth Brooks, Brittney Spears, Elvis, etc) that would all be in the final show of the cruise. The night we were they, they were holding auditions for Ricky Martin. The guys who auditioned (you just had to sing a Ricky Martin song) were ok. The DJ asked if there was anyone else who wanted to sing before the voting started. All of a sudden, Sean raises his hand and walked down there. I was shocked!! He sang, "Living la vida loca." I am not just saying this because he's my guy, but he was the best one. He actually knew the words, had some coordinated dance moves going on at the same time, he was jammin. The voting started and he made it to the top 3. FORTUNATELY, he did not win. The guys who won had a bunch of friends there so obviously they all voted for their friend. But when Sean saw the guy on stage during the final show, he was so happy he didn't win. The guy had super tight leather pants on and a silk shirt unbuttoned half way. I woulda paid money to see Sean dressed like that. Hi-larious! It is one of my favorite times of this year though, it was so spontaneous and unlike Sean. But that's one of the things I love about Sean, he keeps me on my toes!! 

11 comments:

Cami said...

Hahahaha, that is so funny! That would have been great to see him in that outfit. That's awesome that you went on a cruise!!

Blackson family said...

Congrats on 6 great years! Your blog is so cute Jess. How are you doing? Take care, Stef

Val said...

That is freaking awesome! I like you guys even better now! Happy Anniversary!

Carolyn said...

I would have loved to see that! Ricky Martin, huh? Happy Six Years together.

Spencer and Marlee said...

How fun!!! Someday we need to go on a cruise together!! Congrats on the 6 years!!

Jen said...

I wish I could have seen that. We should do karaoke sometime and we'll finally bring your cord back. We put it in the truck so that next time we go over to your house, we won't forget it!

Emily said...

is that a real bird on his shoulder?

happy anniversary!

christina said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you have such awesome funny memories of your years together!

Jessica said...

Yep, that's a real bird alright.

The Davies Family said...

Cute! What a funny moment..I can NEVER see my hubby doing that..good for him!

Stef said...

Congratulations and Happy late Anniversary!! .... remember when you told me you didn't think you guys would make it 6 years??! :) Miss ya!