Sunday, November 30, 2008

Busy Weekend

We started Thanksgiving off with a triathlon in the morning. The swim killed me since I hadn't trained for it AT ALL! But I ended up finishing 11th n my age group with a total time of 1:03. Now, I just need to actually train for the next one!
After the triathlon, we headed up north to the cabin for Thanksgiving dinner with my family. 

On Friday we went to cut down our Christmas tree and found the perfect tree in about 15 minutes--seriously a record for us.
Yesterday I got to sleep in (what I asked Sean for my birthday!), had my favorite breakfast made for me in the shape of a heart, put up Christmas decorations, went out to lunch, got a pedicure, and went to dinner and a movie. Can't have a much better birthday then that! 

10 comments:

Em said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a great one.

Man, another tri- you're awesome.

russandkatie said...

good job on the tri! that is so funny about sleeping in because that is what I have already asked Russ for for Mother's Day! to sleep until 8 am would be great!!!

Happy Birthday!!!

Steph and Keith said...

We hope you had a GREAT AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jess!!!

Emily said...

happy birthday! that tree is perfect.

christina said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! It sounded wonderful!

Blackson family said...

Happy Birthday Jess! Sounds like your family still does the cutting down the Christmas Tree tradition, that is great. I do miss doing that but someday maybe we will start that back up with my own little family. Congrats on finding your tree in record time.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Jess. I hope you had a great day.

Val said...

dude, you're killing me with all these triathlons. I feel like such a lazy butt. Your tree looks awesome!

Spencer and Marlee said...

You are so impressive!! It was a treat to see you guys up at the cabin! I wish you could have stayed longer but hey you go your tree! Looks good!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Naughty Newbee's said...

Happy LATE Birthday!! That is so nice to sleep in every once in a while uh? Gosh, I can't believe your birthday already passed. I swear I was just thinking about that too :). Also, that is so awesome that you guys still go and cut your christmas tree down. We haven't done that in seven years!! WE have a fake one..