Thursday, November 8, 2007

Happy 5th Anniversary!!



It's hard to believe it has already been 5 years. As I look back over the past 5 years, there are so many memories. Here's my Fave 5:



1. The kitchen and Shower incident (this is a tie---they happened within 1 day of each other)--Sean standing half-naked in Amy's kitchen as a joke and Amy walking around the corner and seeing him! He still hasn't lived that one down. Sean slipped in the shower and had nothing to grab onto--he fell through the shower curtain onto the floor. I was dying laughing!!!

2. Waiting to find out if I was pregnant and not being able to decide if there were 2 lines or only 1 on the pregnancy test. After deciding there were definitely 2 lines, Sean turned to me and said, "Well congratulations I knocked you up, I guess I should hug you." (we planned the pregnancy but were both in a state of shock at how fast it happened!)

3. Chasing a fugitive--Sean ran out of the house one morning in his pajamas and no shoes chasing after someone he happened to see out the front window running from a cop car. Sean thought he could catch him. This went on for awhile, with Sean looking over our back wall trying to see the guy--he saw him once and took off running after him again-this time with his shoes on. Unfortunately, he didn't catch him. But Sean found the police officer and gave him all his ideas on what he would do to catch the kid.

4. Carter being born--we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl. When Carter was about ready to come out the doctor asked Sean if he would like to announce the sex of the baby. When Carter came out the doctor turned the baby right to Sean so he was the only one who could see him. Sean yelled, "it's a boy! right?" Everyone laughed and then the doctor confirmed that yes it was definitely a boy!

5. Sleep Walking---in the first few weeks we were married I woke up to a loud noise (thinking the ceiling fan was about to come crashing down on us). I realized Sean was standing on the bed with his arms going in and out of the fan. He was yelling "I'll get them-don't worry." I had no idea that Sean had a habit of sleep-walking. There have been very entertaining nights since then.


There are so many great memories I had a hard time just picking 5. I can't wait for all of the many memories to come!

8 comments:

christina said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved reading all the memories you have - CUTE!

Spencer and Marlee said...

I don't think you could ever tell those stories to much! Everytime I hear them a tear comes from laughter! Oh Sean! Well Hope you have/ had a wonderful one!
Happy Anniverary! Happy Anniversary! Happy Happy Happy... Happy Anniversary! (said with a straight face)
That is the written version of your song. love you guys!

Emily said...

oh my gosh, i cannot stop laughing about the ceiling fan! hilarious!

russandkatie said...

my favorite is the sleep walking one! Congratulations on 5 years!!!

Nana said...

I can't believe that the kitchen story that was supposed to be a "secret" has now made it to the blog. So much for secrets in our family....Sean, glad you keep life so lively for all of us.

Em said...

Happy 5 years. Those are some funny stories!

Andrea J said...

No one ever doubted that you two wouldn't have some hilarious stories. Congrats on being married 5 years, I actually was putting the bridesmaid bracelet you gave me on Kate just a couple of days ago and thought of you guys.

Val said...

Those were hi-larious! Happy Anniversary!