Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Fun




I made a Christmas Advent Calendar this year and was going to put a treat behind each day of the month until I saw this. I used some of the ideas from her list and added my own. Since we don't have snow to build a snowman with, we used marshmallows and m&m's. We also made Christmas Tree decorations. Have you done this before? It was a lot of fun. To make the dough: mix 4 cups of flour and 1 cup of salt. Then add 1 1/2 cups of water. Knead for 3-4 minutes. The dough should be firm. Cut into shapes and then bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees. Using water colors, paint the decorations and then bake for another 15 minutes. Carter has been really excited to see what he gets to do each day and I am excited for this new tradition! Today, we went through Carter's toys to donate some, and I was really surprised, at him as he really thought about each toy and decided on which ones to give away. Can't wait for our upcoming "snowball fight..."

Have any ideas for me to add to my list?

(Jeremy and Billy, I'm sure you have a ton of ideas, so please share!!!)

3 comments:

Emily said...

so clever, i love it.

russandkatie said...

What a great idea, I am totally going to use this idea!

And thanks for having Mallory over!!!

Anonymous said...

sounds fun....Carter is one lucky kid!