Sunday, December 13, 2009

your opinion needed

This weekend we went to Sean's work party. This was our first official office party. My company never had Christmas parties since all the employees work from their home offices across the nation. I guess we did go to a couple of Sean's office parties when we were dating but he worked with family so that doesn't really count as a true office party, right? Anyways, we had fun dressing up and had a nice dinner. (I was really excited about my gray tights that I wore with my dress but you can't even tell they are gray in the picture.)


Then the entertainment began. There were prizes to be won. Sean won the first prize at our table. The centerpiece. Bonus. The end of the night came and no other prizes came our way. As we were leaving, Sean asked me to grab the centerpiece.
Seriously, I asked?
Ya, we won, he said.
Me: I am not taking that THING home, it's so ugly.
Him: It's not ugly, it's a fireman.
Me: Do you have a sudden allegience to firemen?
Him: I won it, just put it in your purse.
Me: I am not putting it in my purse, I don't even want it.
Him: Just put it in your purse
Me: No
Him: proceeds to put said ugly centerpiece in my purse
Me: If we take that home, it is going on your nightstand
Him: that's exactly where I want it

Now, here is where your opinion is needed. Let's put it to a vote. Who hears me on this one and thinks this is U-G-L-Y?
Yes, I really did put it on his nightstand and so shall it remain there.
Let's take a closer look, shall we. A fireman nutcracker. Classy.
Oh, but the story continues:
Me: hey, can you grab the wreath (it was laying in the middle of the table with the nice nutcracker in the center of the wreath--and it came with the cute door hangar).
Him: I'm not carrying that thing out of here
Me: you'll bring home an ugly nutcracker that we'll never use but you won't bring home a pretty wreath?
Him: nope
Me: if I am carrying the nutcracker in my purse, you are carrying the wreath
Him: not gonna happen
Me: fine, I'll carry it, but your nutcracker is still ugly.
My comebacks continue to amaze me. But seriously, thumbs up or down on the nutcracker?

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

Great picture of the two of you! We missed you at the friends party. You guys make me laugh with your funny dialogue. To be honest, I like it all. Even if you don't like the nutcracker it's worth taking home to let Carter play with it. I like the wreath better though. But after our funny party gifts and what Matt brought home... you guys got a gem! I would take it over what we came home with any day!

Unknown said...

I like them both, but if I had to choose the wreath way wins over the nutcracker.

Anonymous said...

um....enough politenes!!(hahaha)Love the wreath...cracking up at the nutcracker! And I always thought Sean was a clutter freak! I'm surprised he would want to bring it home!

russandkatie said...

um I grew up with nutcrackers being a tradition so sorry Jess but I like it.

Andrea J said...

Y'all are exactly the same. This brings me a sense of calm in a chaotic world. I will offer no comment on the nutcracker.

Emily said...

I think the nutcracker is hilarious. I would've totally brought it, for a white elephant gift at least. But the wreath is cuter.

Mendy said...

thumbs DOWN! I say keep the cute wreath and add the nutcracker to your stack of white elephant gifts! I'm not a fan of nutcrackers so I'm with you....lose it!

christina said...

cute wreath! i love nutcrackers, but not so much the fireman one. by the way, cute picture of you two!

Nana said...

Sean--I like your nutcracker--you can bring it over to visit my gingerbread nutcraker anytime--or I can keep him safe from Jessica at my house and you can visit him. W wreath is a wreath--a nutcracker is special....

Jen said...

The nutcracker isn't that bad! It's definitely ugly, but in kind of a cute way... Just like Sean!!

I like the wreath! Very nice!

(I'm his sister, for those of you who don't know me. I can say stuff like that.)

Natalie said...

Yeah, I'm going to have to side with you. Unless you were at a fireman's Christmas party what they heck were they using that thing for? The wreath is pretty.

Rachel said...

you can "accidentally" break the nutcracker on a really hard nut. just don't tell Sean I suggested it. :)