Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Good Weekend is...

Getting to go on a 20 mile bike ride by myself outside...
Going shopping for new pants because I dropped one pant size(!)...
Only changing half as many diapers...

Going to the zoo with Dad...
Being able to answer Carter's question of "where is Dad?" with, "he's home!" **above: last week Carter said he wanted to go to Daddy's work. I told him he couldn't because he wasn't packed and it was a long trip. He came back a few minutes later with his backpack stuffed full of his toy animals and said, "I'm all packed, let's go." I said, "you don't have any clothes or diapers packed." He replied, "I'm wearing them." Hopefully, we'll get to go visit Sean soon. The other night during story time, the book, which talked about making wishes said, "What's your wish?" Carter, without hesitation, said, "Umm, I wish that my daddy would come to my house." Sean got his wish for this weekend at least! It went way too fast, Sean is already on his way home back to Louisiana, but it was sure a good weekend with him home.

7 comments:

Andrea J said...

Yay! I'm glad Sean was able to come for a weekend, here's hoping time flies till next time.

Emily said...

Congratulations on the pants, that's awesome. I don't know how you do it. I would DIE if Dave was gone for that long. Sounds like Carter misses him like crazy, very sweet.

christina said...

Go you on the pants! Wish I could do that. I always tell Clint if he ever left for a couple of weeks, then I would be able to lose weight. UGH.

I'm glad you guys had some fun!

Jessica said...

I've been biking a few times a week and doing "Biggest Loser" Boot Camp. I LOVE it. I haven't lost any weight---just a couple of inches.

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Sorry we missed you!!!

trublubyu said...

so cute on the bag packing. and hello, logical that he was already wearing clothes and a diaper.

Stef said...

Looks like you guys had a good time together! Hey, will Sean be home the weekend of June 6th? We're planning a trip to AZ then... last trip before the baby comes.
Congrats on the pant size too! What a sense of accomplishment!