Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dora the Tween?

We love D-D-D-Dora in our house; Boots and Super cool explora Dora. But now she may not be so cool. I was watching the news tonight and was pretty surprised to hear that Dora is growing up. She's getting a new look and is moving to the city. What? How is a monkey going to live in the city with her and go to middle school? The Simpsons haven't been forced to grow up in like 30 years, right? So why should Dora?
Here's her new look. The newsanchor actually called the new Dora "a tramp." Harsh. (I tried to find it online because it was actually pretty funny/awkward) Apparently Nickelodeon felt like it was time for her "to move with the times." One guy that was interviewed on the news said it best when he said, "if she's dressing like that, what's she going to be exploring?"


read the full article here

4 comments:

Emily said...

the "what's she going to be exploring" part made me burst out laughing. what are they THINKING? I love Dora. So do my boys. How annoying.

Cami said...

What?! Is this for real??? I seriously can't believe they're doing this. That's gonna ruin the show for everyone.

Jen said...

I was just thinking yesterday when Carter was over and we were watching Dora that I hoped it would still be on and popular when our little boy gets old enough. Nickelodeon is shattering all of my hopes and dreams. ;)

Val said...

The end of an era as we know it. What is this world coming to????