Monday, December 29, 2008

The Valley Metro Ride

above: Sean and kid (aka Cameron)
above: Sean, Keith, Steve, and Carley
above: Grandad, Spencer, me, and Carter
above: waiting to get on the next train

My family and I went downtown today to ride on the light-rail that opened. The rides are free until December 31st so we thought we would take advantage of it. All of us loaded the train (Nana and Grandad included) and went down to the Diamondbacks Stadium and back. We then headed to Costco for some yummy pizza and ice cream. Carter loved the "choo choo ride," except for the ride back which was so crowded, we had to stand the whole time!


2 comments:

Andrea J said...

I heard about this on NPR, word on the street was that in Mesa the lines were 3 hrs long. I'm glad people are so excited about it, I could certainly see why Carter would love it.

Unknown said...

Yay for the choo-choo ride! If you're ever up here, the downtown choo-choo rides are free all the time! (within a certain radius of downtown)