Sunday, July 13, 2008

It's over!






I did my triathlon in Sierra Vista. This was my 5th one and by far the hardest one I have done! It was pretty hilly! There was a big hill right at the end of the run that was pretty killer. The water was freezing in the pool. I'm glad it's over. I finished with a time of 1:40:02  The swim was 800 meters, the bike was 13 miles, and the run was 3.1 miles. It was fun to stay at Spencer and Marlee's house with Aaron and Alicia. Spencer, Marlee, Aaron, and I all did the triathlon. Marlee did awesome with a 1st place finish. I took 6th. Tri in the Pines here we come!! (our next triathlon in August)

13 comments:

Em said...

I'm awestruck by you! And you look like you're in amazing shape, too.

Unknown said...

Wow! You are amazing! I'm so inspired. How did you feel after? Tired? Pumped? That's so great!

Spencer and Marlee said...

I agree it was a hard triathlon! I'm not sore like I thought I was going to be but heck I am dead tired! Good job Jess! I really love that we get to do these together! It was fun having you stay at our house, even though you didn't stay Saturday night for the traditional ice cream. I'm looking forward to tri in the pines. From what I hear we may have a big group again.

Mendy said...

You are a triathlon stud! I love that you do this with friends and family. Such hard work but an amazing accomplishment!

Jessica said...

thanks em! ashley I mostly felt tired. I was excited to be done but I was so exhausted the rest of the day. We work up at 4:30 that morning to get ready so I am sure that was part of it. marlee--i'm bummed we couldn't stay either--next time i'll say no when asked to speak in church!!! we did get blizzards in benson though!!

Natalie said...

Jess that is so cool. How many do you usually do a year? Isn't this your 2nd or 3rd this year? AWESOME!!

christina said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Val said...

Congratulations! Good for you for going out and doing those things! You rock! BTW, my new Relief Society President could be your twin sister!

EricandLindsaySmith said...

Great Job!! A triathlon is my next goal. Maybe after I recover from having a baby I'll join you guys.

Jessica said...

Lindsay--that would be so much fun!!

Natalie--this was my 5th one.

Naughty Newbee's said...

Jess,that is AWESOME! I am so proud of you...

Emily said...

Ditto Em's comment, you really look great, and you are awesome. I'm glad I could be your inspiration. Heh heh heh.

Jessica said...

Double thanks emily!