Saturday, December 22, 2007

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse...

Or was it? Scene: Sean and Jessica shoveling loose dirt on the side of their house into their truck today

Jessica: {lets out a scream while jumping up in the truck}
Sean: What is it?
Jessica: A mouse!
Sean: where?
Jessica: It went back into the dirt pile
Sean: it came out of the dirt pile?
Jessica: Yes, get it now!
Sean: {picks up long stick and starts looking for the mouse}
Jessica: Turn your stick around, the other end is sharp!
{mouse runs out}
Jessica: Get it!
Sean:{swings the stick but misses the mouse} I can't kill a mouse--what if it's someone's pet?
Jessica: It's not someone's pet--get rid of it. {hands shovel to Sean}
Sean: {picks up mouse on shovel and flings it over his shoulder over the fence somewhere}
Jessica: {screams and ducks} I was in your direct line-what if the mouse would have slipped off the shovel--it would have landed right on me!
Sean: I got rid of it, didn't I?!?

5 comments:

Emily said...

HILARIOUS! i wish you had caught that on tape!

Suzie Petunia said...

A MOUSE?! Ahhhhh! Finding one near my house is one of my biggest fears. I know there are much more serious things to be scared of... earthquakes, volcanic eruptions... but the mice... they freak me OUT! I don't care for the neighbor cats roaming about my yard periodically, but I tolerate it because I assume they are keeping our place mouse-free. :)

Val said...

Dude, are you really scared of a mouse?

Emily said...

uh val, hanta virus! when i lived in my parents basement we'd get mice in the window well. they CHEWED THROUGH THE SCREEN. mice are freakish.

Jessica said...

Val, I'm scared of crickets--you don't think I'm scared of a mouse too?!?