Monday, September 26, 2011

Lake Powell

Carter doing some tricks (one handed) on the ski. He told me he was going to do some jumps on his next turn.
We go to Lake Powell with my family every year (for as long as I can remember). It's a great vacation. We stayed on a houseboat that is nicer than my house! We were sad to only be able to stay for 3 days while everyone else who went stayed for the whole week. We missed those from the fam who couldn't make it.
Charlotte was of course as happy as could be because there was plenty of dirt for her to play in!
Carter was happy because he got to go fishing!
Char's first sea doo ride--we had to pull her away from the sand! That's seriously all she did all 3 days...it was very relaxing for me!
I'm so proud of Carter...he learned how to waterski! I got lots of good waterskiing and wakeboarding in myself, the water was perfect because the lake was dead this time of year!
The three little girls in matching outfits from Nana. They will have so much fun together when they are older.

5 comments:

Mary Lou Klippel said...

Those are great pictures. It looks like you had a great, relaxing time. Just what you deserved!!!

Andrea J said...

Your Lake Powell trips always make me think...How have I not been to this amazing place yet? What a great family vacation tradition.

Emily said...

SO FUN. I can't believe I've never been there. But that might all change next year. My family is considering purchasing a share in a house boat there! Can you even imagine? It's a really reasonable price divided between 6 and the monthly maintenance is pretty low too. If we do you'll have to meet us there some time. Also, CHAR! SHE IS SO CUTE!

christina said...

Can't believe Carter knows how to water ski - that is so crazy to me! I remember trying to learn, and it was so hard for me!

Also, your kids are adorable. Glad you and your family had a great time!

Spencer and Marlee said...

It sure was a good time. The best time to ski was when u were there. Later that week it got more crowded and very choppy. I'm glad you guys got to go for at least 3 days.