Friday, September 9, 2011

Cousins

3 kindergarteners
2 second graders
2 fifth graders
2 eighth graders

Only 1 cousin (who is in school) is missing because she is in high school. All of the others are at the same school. I LOVE it! I love seeing Carter's older cousins walk him to his class in the morning when I drop them off. I love when I go to lunch with Carter and watch Carter and Tyler play "chase" with Mallory and her friends (Tyler and Carter are going to love having a girl cousin their age when they are older!) It's so great knowing they all have each other at school, in the crazy world we live in.

Spencer and Marlee are going to have a long commute for their kids to get to school with the rest of the cousins, once Madi starts school!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it too! and I think I have grown to appreciate it and the close proximity we all live even more the older my kids get! I only wish Carley had a cousin in High School with her....it's a scarey place to this old mom!

christina said...

lucky to live so close to family, so nice for your kids! i wish i lived closer to cousins when i was younger.

russandkatie said...

Mallory told me the other night that she couldn't wait to go to school the next day so she could chase all the boys. I'm going to have trouble with this one :)

Emily said...

That is the coolest thing EVER. There is nothing as cool as having cousins for best friends. My favorite cousins moved away from ABQ when I was 5 or 6, but some of my favorite early memories are the time I spent with them, and I know that's true for my siblings too. In fact, that's why Delos moved to Draper from TX--he wanted his kids to have cousins to play with.

Natalie said...

That is so great that they all have each other at school. I wish Duncan had more cousins close by. Are they at Cooperwood? I did my student teaching there and LOVED that school.

Jessica said...

ya natalie--they are at copperwood!

Spencer and Marlee said...

It does make me sad that they won't be going to school together. (Actually it would just be our girls) WE will have to keep them close friends anyways.