Friday, September 24, 2010

What's in a Name?

If you'll remember, from day 1 Carter said this baby's name was Rose. Once we found out we were having a girl, we knew we had to use the name Rose somehow. I didn't want to use it as a first name but thought it would make a cute middle name. However, the girl names we had talked about didn't seem to fit with Rose as a middle name. While discussing name possibilities with my mom one day, she suggested Charlotte. Charlotte Rose. We instantly loved it. (as a side note, the booties she is wearing in this picture were made for me when I was a baby by my grandma Charlotte)I especially loved it because Charlotte was my grandma's name (pictured below with my dad and grandad). I was really close to my grandma growing up and have fond memories of making Christmas cookies, playing rummikub and yahtzee, going on walks at the cabin, and eating her delicious cinnamon bread! So it seemed all but perfect to name her after someone whom I loved so much and who was such an example to me of someone who was loving, kind, generous, virtuous, and I could go on and on. Char has a great legacy to follow that's for sure!!

12 comments:

Natalie said...

I said to my mom a few days before you had her that I bet her name would be either Alice or Charlotte.

Burton Family said...

She is so cute! Congrats on your healthy, baby girl. Charlotte is such a cute name.

Diana said...

What a sweet name for a sweet pretty baby to have! Love it! Cute booties too!

Andrea J said...

Her name is great, with a great back story, and a great nickname - Char is adorable.

Emily said...

I love names with a history. She's going to love it too. LOVE those booties.

russandkatie said...

I wish I could have met your grandparents!

Spencer and Marlee said...

She looks like a doll. I Love those booties! What a fun thing to pass on. I too would have liked to me her :)

christina said...

Love the name, and the nickname Char is the cutest!

Anonymous said...

I can just picture grandma with a great big smile on her face!!! Katie and Marlee...you would have loved her...and she would have loved you!!

Anonymous said...

oh...and Char looks adorable!

Sandi and Curtis said...

Congrats to the Klippel family! She is so cute!

Rachel said...

congrats you guys! Charlotte is a beautiful name. How fun that it is after someone you love.