Sunday, September 5, 2010

things I adore at four


*big helper

*sticks his tongue out when he is concentrating

*hard worker

*perfectionist (this is both good and bad, because sometimes he gets upset if it is not perfect and he won't believe me that it really is ok if he colors outside of the lines every once in awhile)

*strong (he's always been freakishly strong--the other day he lifted and carried a 20 pound bag of ice over his head--is that weird?--maybe all kids do that)

*momma's boy

*really good memory (this is especially great since his dad is the complete opposite!--carter will still talk about things that randomly happened a year or two ago)

*snuggles with me every morning when he wakes up

*wants me to lay down with him at night (this won't last forever so i love it)

*loves his cousins (he's asks to play with them every day and now that we are living at nana and grandad's house he can just about do that!)

*shy (last week in primary was better but when the substitute came in and sat by him, he quietly moved over to the next seat! he later told me he was just feeling a little shy)

*holds my hand everywhere we go (even when we walk in the house--again i know this won't last forever, so i love it!)

*loves to cook

*never stops moving (i wish i had half the energy he does!)

1 comment:

Emily said...

He's so cute!

Isaac and Noah lift stuff all the time to show me how strong they are. Freaks me out.

I love laying by Isaac at night too, mostly because he still asks me to do it. Otherwise it would just be a chore, but he's very sincere and makes me feel needed.