Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Random Sampler

We've had one busy week so far. Carter has a new fascination with carrying his Mickey Mouse around with him. We've done lots of swimming. Some friends in our neighborhood went out of town and told us to use their pool anytime and we have sure taken them up on it. Carter has been loving it. He is getting ready for his swim lessons that start next month. 

Carter must think the bathtub is his swimming pool--he loves to lay on his back in the tub!! 
Other random thoughts: 

* I returned my rental car at the airport today and the woman first told me I looked very nice. Then she saw I was from Phoenix and said I shouldn't be hot while in Albuquerque. I said no I'm not hot, just tired. She then said, "well, you're hot, just not temperature hot; that's what all the boys must tell you anyways."   Weird. 
* I'm pretty sure I saw some sort of critter run across my closet floor this morning at 4 while getting ready for work. Sean thinks I was just seeing things at 4 in the morning. Now I am kinda freaked out about going in my closet. 
* By the end of the week I will have done trainings for work in AZ, CA, and NM. I don't like it. 
* I have gotten a flat tire on my bike 2 weeks in a row in the same exact location. What are the chances of that happening? 
* 2 weeks ago one of my best friends, and one of Sean's best friends got married. We set them up 2 years ago (in fact the first time they met was at the hospital when Carter was born). Their first date was at our house and we went hot tubbing. This is the first time either Sean or I have played match maker and what a huge success!!  
* I feel bad for people who work in Customer Service. I don't work in Customer Service, but had to deal with LOTS of complaining customers yesterday. It was exhausting, I can't imagine doing that full time. 
* Carter did not do very well in his tumbling class this week. He only want to do the activities if none of the other kids did them. Not sure what got into him. 
* We're going to story time at the library and swimming tomorrow before I leave for the airport. I'm getting a much needed tan this summer and am loving it! 

6 comments:

Emily said...

the hot comment is a little weird...

i forgot to call you the other day and this post just reminded me! when can i call you?!

Jessica said...

whenever you want girl! it was a weird comment--I didn't even know what to say. I forgot to mention that she was missing on her front teeth. The whole thing was just weird.

Em said...

The mickey mouse piggy back picture had me cracking up.

Wow, awkward car rental girl.

christina said...

YIKES - Scary Lady!

I loved that picture with Carter and Mickey - so cute and funny!

The Davies Family said...

yeah i'd have to agree that hot comment was a little weird..I'm sure she meant well, it just didn't come across well.? hmm
Sounds like a lot of WORK! but you're doing the fun stuff too, I wish we had a pool to go to whenever, oh wait as I typed that I realized we do..our complex has one, we just haven't gone yet..wow, I must be tired! The pictures of Carter were soo cute! Loved the Mickey Mouse one and the bathtub one..at least he isn't afraid of the water!

Kimpossible said...

Ha ha. I love the "hot" comment in NM. I mean, you're hot, but maybe she missed the ring on your finger...awkward...