Monday, June 23, 2008

Family Home Evening Board



I made this really cute board at Enrichment and now I'm not really sure what I'll do with it. It is a white board/magnetic board on one side and then on the other side it is flannel. I loved that it was a flannel board but I kinda thought when I signed up for it that we were going to make flannel "characters" or pictures to go along with it for lessons. So now I have a flannel board with not much to put on it. I do have a book of Carter's called "The Miracles of Jesus" that has flannel pictures in it that I could use but those will only work with lessons on Jesus. Where can I get other flannel things to use for lessons? 

2 comments:

Emily said...

Cute! Make them. Just get a primary manual at your local distribution center (or online, free shipping).. you can get the nursery manual (new one coming out in a month or so) or the others (primary 1,2,3,4), and in the back they have drawings of people and animals. make copies or just rip them out of your manual altogether and cut them out with flannel on the back. glue 'em together, easy as pie. Or you can do clipart (lots of LDS clip art out there) and I'm sure there's stuff at Deseret Book.

Unknown said...

We just got a bunch of photos with our Sunbeams manual - and it's full of flannel characters. I'd recommend laminating them and then flanneling them.