Monday, May 19, 2008

We're back...


Sean and I just got back on Sunday from our week long cruise to the Mexican Riviera. It was the most relaxing vacation ever and very much needed. We were very lucky to have my sister Wendy and her family watch Carter for us. You can read about their experience with Carter here. I cried when I dropped Carter off at Wendy's. I cried on the cruise ship at the sight of the first two year old I saw--but when I saw a two year old the next day throwing a fit and the parents not knowing what to do, I smiled to myself as I lay on the lounge chair reading my book! Wendy forgot to mention on her blog that she practically had Carter potty trained by the time we came home!! Once before we left he asked to go potty on his own--took off his diaper, and actually went pee. I thought it was just a fluke. Well, apparently not! This last week he asked several times to go potty and even said he had to go "poops" and did it on the toilet. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. But sure enough when we went to pick up Carter--he said "poops" we went to the bathroom and he did his business. Then later he peed on the sliding glass door before I had his diaper back on so I'm not sure he's there yet but he's made some huge progress this week! Here are some of my favorite pics from our trip. 
The pictures are in reverse order of our trip--but get over it...I am still recovering from being gone and am very tired!! I didn't feel like taking the time to change it around. 

We had a very talented person cleaning our room--each night we were surprised with a new towel creation. This was our favorite! Not quite sure what it is though?
Our last night on the cruise--beautiful sunset.
Cabo San Lucas---our favorite stop on the cruise.

Sean parasailing in Mazatlan.


In Mazatlan--this is the restaurant with the awesome beans!!
The Carnival Pride baby! Highlights of the trip: laying out, going to the sauna each morning, taking some cycling classes, laying out on the beach, laughing at people in the Karoke Bar, the lobster dinner, the beans at the restaurant in Mazatlan, getting a massage on the ship, watching Sean touch the hand rail with a sign that clearly said "Don't touch, Wet Paint!" and then seeing the very next guy do the same thing!, hearing, "Oh Sorry Sir!" when the guy who came into clean our room saw Sean naked!!!, all you can eat ice cream cones, taking naps during the middle of the day, and spending time with Sean. 
On our first stop in Puerta Vallarta we went on an excursion to a private island for snorkeling, kyaking, lunch on the beach and fun with the monkeys and parrots.

Checking Out our room
Our First day on the cruise

10 comments:

Emily said...

I think it's a ninja.

AAAAHHHHHHH! It looks SO AMAZING. I am soooo jealous. SO JEALOUS. so jealous. soooooo jealous. SO jealous. And could you be cuter? Love the monkey picture, you are so cute. I know you can't really see your face, but your hair and eyes (and I know what the rest of you looks like) are CUTE. Why did the room cleaner see Sean naked?! Weird. I am SO JEALOUS. And what kind of beans? Like, refried beans?

Spencer and Marlee said...

I think I am one of the only ones that has not seen Sean naked. HAHA! Looks like you guys had a blast. We are definatly going to have to go on a cruise together!

Andrea J said...

That looks like a really fun trip. I haven't missed you as much as when you were doing your jazz hands (kind of) in your room. That is so Jessica. Congrats on joining the potty training club - we have a long and prestigious heritage :)

christina said...

WOW!! Looks so fun...and so relaxing!! We went to Cancun last fall for a week, and it was the best trip ever, just because we finally got to relax.

Mendy said...

How fun! A trip without the kids is the best vacation, especially when you can sit back, relax and watch other people deal with their kids. It almost makes ya laugh huh? Good for you two for going and good for Wendy, the potty training pro!

Jessica said...

they were refried beans...sooo good. And thanks Em--you're too nice. seriously.

Naughty Newbee's said...

Jessica - Well, I have finally decided to start a blog myself! You can go and check it out. I have enjoyed reading everyone else's blog and it is a great way to keep up on everybody's life. Anyway, looks like you and Shawn had way fun on your cruise, I am so JEALOUS! We need to get together soon~ Love ya, Kara

The Davies Family said...

Well Duh!! Its totally obvious what the thing hanging from your ceiling? is...come on, if you can't figure it out I'm not going to tell you..hahaha

What a fun trip..I am so jealous! what a well deserved trip after that triathlon! Yeah, I think I would have cried dropping the kids off, but once I got to see a tantrum throwing kid, I would have done the same thing you did, sit back and relax! Good times!

russandkatie said...

Don't worry Marlee I haven't seen him naked either (thank goodness :0)

You will have to tell us all your favorites things to do because Russ and I are going the end of June!!!

Val said...

I am so jealous! I need a cruise in the worst way! Looks like you guys had so much fun!