Thursday, April 10, 2008

Gotta love state testing week

Twice a year students in AZ in grades 3-12 take the AIMS test. In high school you have to pass this test to graduate. So it's a pretty big deal. AIMS is this week. Which means, a week off for me! Schools are so wrapped up with testing right now they don't want me at their schools and they definitely don't want to talk to me. So I have been working from my home office the whole week. It has been so nice to be home and get things done. So far I have:
*cleaned baseboards
*cleaned windows/blinds
*painted/organized cabinets in laundry room
*sanded & stained the picnic table
*organize master closet
*organized Carter's room
*cleaned out the fridge
*cleaned out the filing cabinet and office desk
*crashed on my bike in my driveway! (very embarassing--and what does my sweet husband do? grabs Carter and the camera to come and see!)*bought a new car (it's a 2007 Hyundai Sonata--we traded in our truck for the car--yea to saving gas money!)
Today I took Carter to gymnastics class at Aunt Katie's house. He loves it. I feel bad because I have been working every Thursday so I have not been able to take him, so today was definitely a fun treat. Then we stayed and played with the cousins for a couple of hours. It feels great to have had such a productive week before I get back into the swing of things with work next week.


12 comments:

Emily said...

sorry about the crash, but the rest of it sounds awesome! good for you! isn't a clean house the best?! and i'm excited about your car too, that will be so nice. i used to hate hyundais but they're making them so nice now (and with an excellent warranty!).

The Davies Family said...

I love that you LOVE organization!! and getting projects done! very inspiring to do some spring cleaning and organizing. That crash..and the proof on film stinks, but you look like your falling gracefully so no worries. How nice to have a whole week off! I am excited for you!

Spencer and Marlee said...

You sound busy! That is what I did today was some good spring cleaning. I am sorry about the crash, although to be honest, wish I was there! Did you get any battle wounds.

christina said...

Nice car! Enjoy the rest of your week off!

Jessica said...

got a scrape on my knee and elbow--I was going too fast as I came into my driveway so when I hit the brakes I couldn't get my shoes unclipped in time so I just fell over!

Mendy said...

You got more done in 1 week than I get done in a month! My Emily misses going to Katie's for gym, you are so lucky to be close to be part of such a fun class.

russandkatie said...

I LOVED having Carter in class yesterday!!! Nice car too!

Trogdon said...

Jess, I had no idea that I didn't link you to my blog...1000 apologies! Watching Carter was awesome, it was the best workout I've ever had.

Stef said...

I'm so glad you had a week off! We love the car! Maybe you should put some miles on that baby and drive it up here!!

Emily said...

after you fell did you sing "let me see that berber roll"?

Jessica said...

ha ha ha!! you know we say that all the time right?!?

Burton Family said...

wow! sounds like you got a lot accomplished. that is so great- and aren't husbands great! glad he enjoyed your bike crash.