Saturday, March 22, 2008

Our Bedroom


We just finished redoing the main wall in our bedroom and I love it! We got new bedding and the new bedding did not match the old decor on the wall, so we had to change the wall to match the bedding. I don't have a true before picture but you can kinda see what part of the wall looked like in this picture. The bottom half of the wall had navy blue and beige striped material on it and then there was a chair rail and the top half of the wall was a navy blue. Our comforter got ruined in the wash somehow, so it was time for a change. I spent quite awhile taking the material down and the padding that was behind it. But it was all worth it! Now onto my next few projects:

*sand/stain the picnic table
*organize Carter's room (we just moved in a new piece of furniture)
*sand/stain the hammock
*sand/stain the benches
*organize my closet
*paint and hang cupboards in laundry room
*paint laundry room

That should keep me busy for awhile.

12 comments:

Andrea J said...

looks good - nice work :)

Emily said...

so pretty! it's kinda like mine, that greenish and brown? LOVE it.

Val said...

That's hot. I have a similar list of to-do projects!

christina said...

Looks Amazing!! I wish I was creative like you!

russandkatie said...

it looks really good Jess!

The Davies Family said...

yeah don't even complain about how long it took you to take off that material..you are a pro!! I remember back to the old apartment in Alpine Court when you so craftily painted sunflowers. I love doing home remodeling..its so fun and relaxing. I love the new look too! You are amazing!! When grad school is done and we are in a house again..I'm calling on you!

Cami said...

I love your new wall and bed set! We're getting a new bed set soon and I'm so excited!!! We've been using mine from 3 years before we got married and it's getting so old. I love blue and brown, we want to get something like that too! Awesome!

Stef said...

Love It!

Jessica said...

Em-i love green and brown too. We went with blue and brown since sean doesn'like green.

Lex-that apartment was so ugly I had to do something! But those owners still screwed me in the end!!!

Jessica said...

Em-i love green and brown too. We went with blue and brown since sean doesn'like green.

Lex-that apartment was so ugly I had to do something! But those owners still screwed me in the end!!!

Emily said...

funny, i thought that was green. it is the same color as my room, i think. everyone who sees it calls it blue but i still think of it as lightish green. guess i'm colorblind.

Jessica said...

uh ya, i would say you are colorblind! it is definitely blue!