Saturday, February 23, 2008

Random Thoughts

*I worked about 50 hours this week (and one day was a holiday) and still have about 20 more hours of work to do this weekend
*I have a lesson to teach tomorrow on procrastination and haven't even started it. Nice.
*Carter is really starting to like Winnie the Pooh
*I need to go biking and running at some point today
*I am doing a triathlon in Rocky Point, Mexico in May--am I crazy? When do I even have time to train? My friend at work is doing it too and she has a swimming coach and a personal triathlon trainer. Whatever!!!
*Sean and I cleaned the house this morning--it smells so good!
*I cleaned out my bathroom cupboard and makeup drawer. I can't believe how much junk I have accumulated in 5 years
*I can't believe that in May we will have lived in our house for 5 years
*I went through my sweaters today and got rid of some that I bought 10 years ago. Why did I still have them? What, I can afford to buy a new sweater every now and then? Maybe it's because I hardly wear sweaters in Phoenix
*I love Phoenix winters---Carter and I played out back for over an hour today while he ate a popsicle. Nice winter weather.
*We went to the Zoo on Monday--Carter loved the monkeys.
*I am in desperate need to get my hair done but hate paying the money for it. Does that make me cheap?
*I finally found the perfect jeans for me! "the Flirt"--stretch, flare cut at Old Navy--love it. 

9 comments:

Emily said...

i'm so jealous about the weather, but not about the work. sounds awful. and HILARIOUS about the procrastination lesson! sounds just like me!

can you come clean my house?

Stef said...

Man, bummer about work... and you still managed to text me? You always seem to know how to balance life! Good luck on your lesson!

ashley said...

Uh, yeah it is SO not popsicle weather here! :(

I'm also an Old Navy jean fan. My model of choice is the sweetheart. :)

Em said...

Phoenix sounds glorious! I want to eat a popsicle outside...

I hope work's not always like this for you. How do you manage that schedule with a kid? You're supermommy!

Jessica said...

I'm really not a supermommy. I'm just super busy. Work is pretty much always like this except for in July and December. But someday it will all be over and I can relaz and eat bon bons with my kids all day long!!

Val said...

I never color my hair because I'm too cheap. Your sweater collection always impressed me. I borrowed a few of those back in the day!

Emily said...

i wish being a stay-at-home mom was easy enough to relax and eat bonbons. you won't have your other job, but you'll still be just as busy!

Jessica said...

I know! I just wish it was as easy as eating bon bons all day!

The Davies Family said...

Wow, Jess sounds like you have quite a bit going on. I was training for a triathlon last year about this time..it was also about this time I found out I was pregant so my tri had to go on hold. But now I am running again..about 8-10 miles a week..no swimming or biking yet..no access to a pool. Let me know how it goes and keep me posted. Is it a full Tri or a mini? Mine was only a mini(13 mile bike, 500 yard swim, and 5K run..pretty easy)email me your training schedule..I'd love to get one going again.