Thursday, May 5, 2011

My tank top was not brown!

pictured above: SIL Katie, brother Russ, and Me (not pictured is my friend Lana who did it too--will post that later!)

Last Saturday a group of us ran in the Warrior Dash. Here's a video to get a small taste of what the race is like. (minus the beer for us!!) It was a 3.4 mile run with 12 obstacles throughout the run. It was so much fun! I totally fell straight down into a hole in the mud pit up to my chin when I first stepped in so I just started swimming through the rest of the mud pit! I was attempting to not get that muddy. Ya right, I was covered, head to toe! The worst part was at the end when you stood in a line and they hosed you off with fire hoses--freezing!

Race stats: 57th out of 695 in my age group. 1170th overall out of 6378 runners. Total time was 36.07.60

Can't wait for next year! Who's in?

4 comments:

Mary Lou Klippel said...

Jessica, that looks like punishment to me!!! Glad you had fun though....

Spencer and Marlee said...

I'm totally in! Looks like fun. I have talked to like 10 people around here that all ran that race. It must have been the new big hit this year. (even though this wasn't the first year) I'm glad you all had fun and I enjoyed hearing all about it.

Jenny said...

what a fun time! that looks like a great event. also, i love the photos in your blog header ... so cute!

Kacy Allison said...

So fun! They have a similar mud run here in Utah, but if I am in town for this next year, I am totally there!