Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We decided a couple weeks ago to have a Halloween party with some of Carter's friends and cousins. When I woke up yesterday and was rushing to get everything set up, I had two crying children. I thought, "this party was a bad idea!" So I called my sister Wendy and she and my mom came to the rescue to help me get things set up! The weather was perfect outside and I think everyone had a great time. Carter told me later that it was the best Halloween party ever.

1. Charlotte enjoying the party in her new Halloween dress. Do you love it as much as I do? I made it the day before for the party for her.
2. We decorated cookies
3. We painted pumpkins
4. We dressed up as mummies
5. We decorated Halloween shapes (spiders, cats, bats, etc)
6. We ate lots of good food! We had pumpkin shaped sandwiches, cupcakes, caramel toffee dip with cinammon sugar chips, candy corn pudding, halloween marshmellows and oreos, carrots and slime dip, and slime punch with floating ice hands in it!
Posted by Picasa

(not pictured--making some really cute ghosts. take a styrofoam cup, draw a ghost face on it, heat oven to 350 degrees and place cup in there for less than a minute--watch it melt into a cool ghostly shape!)

**most food items were taken from Our Best Bites

4 comments:

christina said...

looks like an awesome par-tay - love all the halloween ideas!

christina said...

oh, and i loved charlotte's dress. totally jealous that you're so talented!

Emily said...

Wow, you're supermom! I love Char's dress and the treats look YUMMY.

Spencer and Marlee said...

Carter has a Super Mom!!! Looks like we missed out. Charlotte's dress looks cute, love it!
When Spencer comes this weekend he is bringing a bunch of stuff for you. I have a Cd with pictures, baby clothes, and halloween costumes. If I am missing anything let me know. We will see you in a couple weeks. (Does Char have a white blessing bracelet? Do you want one?)