Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Table Redo

My SIL Steph, gave me her old kitchen table and bench. (I already painted the bench red and added it to our current kitchen table). Here is a before and after of what I did with the table. (well the before isn't a true before, I had already put the first coat of primer on the top when I remembered to take a picture--but you get the idea)
It is the perfect sewing table now! Our house doesn't have much storage space and with the baby on the way I had to clean out my craft stuff from the baby room closet. So where to put it all? I painted the table black and then attached Velcro to the material to the table and put all my craft stuff under it!! Very accessible, all in one spot, but hidden! It has been so nice to sew and not have to move everything off my kitchen table for dinner and put the machine in a closet. I LOVE it. Thanks again Steph!

6 comments:

Emily said...

so clever! you're lucky you have 4 bedrooms if you don't have much storage space.

Emily said...

oh. and when i first read this i thought the title was table "rodeo". i couldn't figure out if you were going to ride it or rope it or what.

Mendy said...

Love it! You really have got your craft on lately!

ps- congrats! I didn't even realize you were expecting! Any idea what your having yet??

Jessica said...

funny em! Thanks Mendy. We don't know yet but will find out in a couple of weeks!

Unknown said...

your talents amaze me!

Nana said...

wait a minute---you forgot to mention that your dear sweet mother asked for the table and bench first and then very lovingly gave it up to you when you expressed a real need for it--or was that not how it happened. I love what you've done with the set and it does make a perfect sewing center for you. So, in the end, I think it really was meant for you...and I love you lots....