Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Underage Driving?



Lately when coming home from picking up Carter on my way home from work, Carter has wanted to stay in the car to play. So I have been closing the garage but letting him stay in the car while I bring everything in. Tonight was no exception. I was unloading a pile of stuff on the kitchen counter when all of a sudden I heard the car start!! I swear I almost had a heart attack. I ran out into the garage and quickly removed Carter's hand from the gear shift and took the keys out of the ignition. That's right folks, my 21 month old son picked the keys up off the front seat and started the car!! Did I mention he is not even 2 yet? How could he possibly know how to start the car!?! And apparently he was pretty proud of himself judging from the smile on his face. 

8 comments:

Em said...

Oh, I believe it. Ezra loves playing in the car whenever we get home, too. And to think Duncan wants a car that you don't have to put the key in the ignition- just be near it...He still doesn't understand why that's dangerous with kids!

Val said...

That's one thing my kids haven't done yet! There was a lady in my old ward with twins. They got in her brand new Suburban one day and put it in reverse. It crashed into a car across the street!

Spencer and Marlee said...

WOW!! I would consider yourself lucky!

Nana said...

WHAT HAVE I SAID ABOUT LEAVING A CHILD IN A CAR???PERHAPS MOTHER DOES KNOW BEST SOMETIMES!!!! I'm glad Carter didn't get it out of park and go into the garage door or back into the house. LUCKY YOU....HE IS A SMART ONE ALRIGHT.

Emily said...

HOLY! SO SCARY! what is it about cars that little boys love? we used to spend hours (and i mean literally HOURS) every day with isaac in the car. i refuse with noah.

Emily said...

and whoa, you got yelled at by your mom! :)

christina said...

That so scary and one smart little boy! Love the pictures of him.

Anonymous said...

ieee! lol! That's one thing mine haven't done yet! :P